Playing song with Lyrics

Is it possible to play songs and simultaneously display its lyrics?

Do you mean play a song’s audio file and also show the lyrics? If so then I’m afraid not from within Quelea at present, since we don’t offer any particular audio support.

Okay.
But we can play a song’s audio? Or since we don’t have an audio support, we can’t do that?

Thanks

No audio support at all I’m afraid. We considered it a while back, but decided it wasn’t a “killer” feature for a couple of reasons:

• Spotify, Amazon music, etc. are increasingly popular, and we wouldn’t realistically be able to integrate Quelea with those anyway;
  • It’s easy to run a local audio player alongside Quelea and then play whatever you want to, which is arguably better since it will be already set up with your music library.

I agree that it would be useful to have lyrics synced to a predefined audio track however, as that means the words can be automated when singing from an audio file rather than a live band. However, that’s not a feature that’s been requested that often, so it’s not something we’ve yet looked at. Feel free to create a Github issue for it - I can’t promise when it’ll be worked on, but at least that way we can keep track of it.