Adding a specific font

Hi, I am trying to use a specific font for the song words.

I have downloaded a font I want to use, and installed the font on the computer.
When I go into edit style, then the click the more (…) button to add fonts, it does not come up in the available fonts to add.

Can you help? How do I make this font available to use in Quelea?

1 Like

We pull the list of all available system fonts there, so it should come up if it’s one that you’ve installed. Do you see it appear in other programs (such as text editors) that display the list of all available fonts? That should tell you if it’s installed properly or not.

yeah, it is in other programs. So it seems to be installed properly.

I am experiencing the same on my church’s PC, but not on my personal PC.

I can use fonts on both PC’s in Word, so the fonts are correctly installed on both PCs, but they are only popping up at my personal PC.

I will look into it again on sunday aswell.

1 Like

Which font are you trying to add and what operating system are you using?

I am experiencing a similar issue. I did a fresh install of Ubuntu Studio 19.04, installed KDE and Quelea. I added the Church Motion Graphics fonts (CMG Sans) to the ~/.fonts directory. On my last device, which also was Ubuntu Studio, I had the fonts in the same location, and Quelea found them just fine. However, on this device it does not see them.

Like others have said with their case, these fonts I am trying to use do show up with other programs. It seems Quelea is not seeing the user fonts, only system fonts. I am using Quelea 2019.1

I’m still unable to reproduce this I’m afraid. Maybe you could try storing the font in another folder and see if that helps? Fonts in /home/USERNAME/.local/share/fonts should also be picked up by Linux software. You might also want to update the font cache before you start Quelea just in case:
fc-cache -f -v

The issue I was experiencing a few months ago had to do with a change in the Win 10 Font Installer. The font installer on Windows 10 now installs fonts only for the local user instead of installing them globally on the system.

My suggestion for next Quelea release would be to also let Quelea read local user fonts instead of system only if it is possible. The file path for these would be C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Fonts.

Your problem will be solved by installing the font on Windows 10 by choosing the highlighted image option.