Translation and font size issue

Hello Barry,

I love what you are doing and I find this really helpful and have recommended this to a few of my friends from other churches. My church is a Chinese/English church that sometimes to both, sometimes just one or the other. When adding a translation in the translation tab, after I clicked ok, the database takes forever update but doesn’t update at all. After restarting Quelea, I have to re-add the translation before it can save. When I try to add another song with another translation, I get the same issue where I have to restart Quelea just to get it to update.

Another issue is the font size is not even when I have both Chinese and English as its translation. Think the issue is that the Chinese language uses a one syllable per character instead of one syllable per sect of characters in English, this means you can jam more Chinese characters in a line before you reach the letter limit which therefore maximizes font size when my originally setting was in English font size. Wonder if you have a solution in the pipeline for that.

Cheers

Hey! Sorry for the delay in replying and thank you for the encouraging words.

I suspect the font size issue is just down to my misunderstanding of Chinese characters as you say - could you send over an example screenshot & song and tell us what it’s meant to look like?

Could you also send us the debug log after you try to add a new translation, in case there’s anything in there we can spot that’s causing the issue?

1 Like

this picture font size is automatically generated by Quelea software. But that is not even. actually the translation font size is smaller than the main lyric (Chinese character). and you can find that Chinese character is like boxed, always standard length, which is different with English word.

This screenshot is the one I wanted. Main lyric is bigger than the translation.

Therefore, I request to have the option to change the translation font size by using %. If scale 0.5 = 50% smaller than default size …