Quelea Update

That’s correct, Quelea cannot be upgraded directly from the software. It should however take to you the site for downloading the update and manually installing it.

If my memory isn’t completely failing me (you can correct me if I’m wrong here, @berry120), x86 support was dropped when we tried to move to a newer version of Java since Java 9+ only supports 64-bit systems. As we had some issues with newer Java versions, we ultimately returned to Java 8 but I suppose we never added the x86 build back.

There’s no x86 Windows build for the latest release at the moment. You can still install Quelea 2018.1 x86 if you want. However, if you install Java 8 manually, you should be able to install the latest version using the cross-platform version.

Basically, the path where Quelea is installed is different from the path where the settings and all other resources are stored. An update means overwriting the data in the software path but leaving the database directory untouched (meaning that it’s OK to continue the installation after that warning) since no data will be lost. In fact, you could even uninstall Quelea and your database directory should still be there. If you would prefer to make a backup first, it should be located in: C:/Users/USERNAME/.quelea

I agree. We try to do that, but sometimes we don’t remember to change all the pages. If you spot anything like that, feel free to make a pull request to the docs. We appreciate all the help we could get there!

I’ll leave this to @berry120 to comment on, but I think there’s a limitation in the library we use to create the installer for it to recognize it as an update. We should however add something about the update process in the documentation.

We have links for all other operating systems here, but it would be nice if GitHub would have a feature to suggest a version based on the current OS. I remember SourceForge had that feature back when we had our code there, but I’m not sure if there is something similar on GitHub.