Add swedish Bible NuBibeln

Hi, what would be the steps to add a new Bible translation?

The Swedish NuBibeln is available in the DBL (Digital Bible Library) in USFM format, I think it could be requested to be used for free in Zefania format to be used in Quelea.

https://thedigitalbiblelibrary.org/whats-inside/dbl-entry-details/?dbl_id=699b9e6b33aa2329&dbl_revision=11

Hello,

Add an xml bible as follows: Tools, Options, Bible, Add bible.

Regards and blessings,

Dirk / Q user

Just adding to this in case you meant adding it to the list of included Bibles in Quelea, we don’t include any other ones than a few English versions. It could probably be added to the SourceForge list of Swedish Bibles, but then I’d suggest asking there how to go about that. If you just mean adding it to the software, Dirk already gave you the answer. =)

The question was more of a generic type. How to go about to add a translation to the SourceForge folders. Right now there are two Swedish versions there:

https://sourceforge.net/projects/zefania-sharp/files/Bibles/SWE/

Basically I was just asking for the steps. Maybe something like this:

1. Ask the copyright holder if they allow their version to be used in Quelea? (Should I as a user do that, or is there anyone on the Quelea team that already have relationships with different Bible Societies)

2. Convert from USFM to Zefania format (is there anyone Quelea team that can help do that, probably needs some testing to make sure it looks ok?)

3. Upload the file to “sourceforge.net/projects/zefania-sharp/files/Bibles/SWE/”, (is there anyone Quelea team that can help out to do that?)

Oh, I see. Sounds like that would be the necessary steps. As for us in the team of developers I strongly suspect that neither of us have any experience with this. If anyone of the users has done this before, I’m sure they’ll pitch in eventually. As for your questions:

1. The question to the copyright holder should not only be about Quelea if it is going to be uploaded to the SourceForge directory. The collection there is gathered to be used with any software that can read the Zefania format and is not directly nor exclusively linked to Quelea, so the question would have to be about sharing it for the greater Zefania community. If you want to do that, that would be great! As far as I know neither of us have that kind of connections, so any help we could get in that area is appreciated.
  2. I believe I managed to get a converted version from USFM to Zefania XML using BibleMultiConverter, but I think there were some bugs that needed to be sorted out first. Maybe the developer of that project could help you sort it out if it doesn’t work out of the box?
  3. I suspect you could do a merge request using Git to upload the file, but I suppose you could also contact stingerone directly to see how to go about it.

If anyone else has any experience in contributing to the Zefania project, feel free to join the discussion!

Hello

How do you get the Bibles from there?

Thanks

Fabian

Hello

Hello

The developer of the BibleMultiConverter is very kind and he answered my questions until the next day. If you have any bugs I’m sure he will fix it.

Fabian