Import songs from OpenLP

Hi! How can I import songs? I tried using OpenLP export (to .xml format) and import it in Quelea but it didn’t work . Is it any option or I would be force to rewrite everything from scratch ?

Hey! If you export from OpenLP in Openlyrics (XML) format, then you should be able to use the openlyrics option in Quelea to import it.

What I see in Quelea option -> Database / import

Unfortunately both option doesn’t work

1. Using Database / import / openLP)

And then I don’t know what should I choose… I tried with all application folders and finally gave up.

1. Using Database / import / open lyrics
    It looks better but when I try to choose folder where songs are exported from OpenLP I can’t mark songs. It is grayed out

Probably I will rewrite everything :slight_smile:

You shouldn’t need to do that - feel free to send over the database and we can take a look if you like.

Suggestions:

1. OpenLP DB
    The OpenLP database default resides in the following Windows folder:
    C:\Users<account>\AppData\Roaming\openlp\data\songs\songs.sqlite
    Here is your user account.
    When using the Quelea OpenLP importer you have to select this songs.sqlite.

2. OpenLP OpenLyrics export
    Exporting song from OpenLP in OpenLyrics format results in a collection of 1 or more .xml files in a user specified folder. However, Quelea Open lyrics importer expects a .zip file containing the .xml files. Therefore first pack these .xml files manually into a .zip file and then use the Quelea Open lyrices importer on this .zip

Regards,

Dirk

Hi There,
I’ve experienced the same. OpenLyrics XML weren’t imported correctly (using OpenLyrics as import function). I wasn’t able to figure out why, because some files worked and some didn’t.
Fortunately the FreeWorship import worked very well… so i just used this Option to import the (same) XMLs.

BR,
Martin

For me importing from OpenLP worked for the text and verses, but missed indications: Verse 1, Verse 2, Chorus, etc. And also missed Song sequence. Any other way not to miss it?