"Use fade transition between slides" is missing!

Hi,

In the documentation it says enable “Use fade transition between slides” to get the fade effects between slides, but I cant find this option anywhere!1
Please help :frowning:

Hello,

It has been added to the CI-release 2020.0 (not to be used in production), Schedule Options.

Regards and blessings,

Dirk
Quelea user

I appreciate knowing that the “Use fade transition between slides” option selector is in the 2020.0 (Beta 1) version.
I tried switching this option on with this version and did not see any fade effect on the LIVE screen when transitioning between slides. As with version 2019.0, fading only happens when clicking on Black Screen or Clear Screen buttons). I tried adding “slide transition duration” fade in/out adjustment statements to the quelea.properties file per the “Manually added settings” section of the Advanced settings portion of the User Documentation (see Help tab “Documentation” in Quelea).
Is there an additional statement needed in this file to cause this feature to work?
I have not tried the latest Beta 2 version of Quelea. Perhaps the feature works there.
Any suggestions or guidance you may have would be appreciated.

Please also try the latest CI-Release (not to be used in production).
I’ve just did a test with notebook and 2nd screen and saw the slide transition working.

Thank you very much for this tip. I just tried it on my laptop (at home) without a 2nd screen. The fade transition between slides is not showing up on the Live screen (like it does when I press the Black or Clear Screen buttons). My hope is that this latest version will work on the church computer with the second screen when going from one verse of a song to the next. I plan to try this later today when I’m there. In general, I really like the size/appearance of the words on the Preview and Live displays better than they appeared in earlier versions of Quelea.

The transition is currently only visible on the projector screen, not in the preview of the Live panel, so when you plug in a second screen it should work. It’s also worth mentioning that it only works with text items (songs or Bible passages) at the moment.

If you still would be unable to get it to work after you’ve plugged in a second screen, do let us know!

Hooray! The information you provided was so helpful. Thank you!
I tried he latest CI-Release on our church computer with the projector screen connected and the slide transition worked fine.
Do you happen to know at this point what, if any, aspects or features of this CI-Release (not to be used in production) might cause problems? I don’t want to take unnecessary risks but at the same time, really like this latest version.

Good to hear that you got it working!

As for the CI-release, it might be considered as good as stable at the moment. As soon as we enter the beta stage of a release, we avoid adding new things that might cause new issues and focus on solving existing issues. That means that every CI-release after a beta release should be more stable. We’re now at the end of the second beta with the stable release right around the corner, so my guess is that the latest CI-release will be more or less identical to the upcoming stable release.

Of course, I can’t guarantee that it will work flawlessly (we can’t even do that with the stable releases since users sometimes encounter bugs we haven’t noticed during the beta stage), but I’d say that if there’s any time it’s “safe” to use a CI-release it should be now.

Thank you Arvid. This helps me to understand the big picture and not be overly concerned about trying out the CI-release at this time.